Increasing online sales is the primary goal of all businesses, large and small. Whether you run a retail shop or sell on an e-commerce giant like Amazon or Flipkart, increasing sales through online channels is a little more tricky than you actually think.
Fortunately, there are numbers of ways you can make more sales online, many of them can be implemented right away. Here are 5 actionable techniques you can use to increase online sales performance.
Increase sales using Facebook
The festive season is the peak time to reach new customers, increase conversion rates, and boost sales. Advertising on Facebook is almost always a good idea, but you always need to have a strategy and attainable goals behind your campaigns – and at this time of the year, it should be less about awareness, and more about conversions.
- Facebook Page – Be sure to include clear and visible calls to action and a button to get people to your site as easily as possible. Invest in graphics that are fun, unique, and seasonal.
- Carousel ads – Carousel ads are a highly effective way to feature a variety of products, events, or services that can be linked directly back to your site with call to action buttons
- Seasonal campaigns – A theme based campaign can be a great way to encourage your audience to share your festival discounts. For example, giveaways, coupons, flash sales are all great to engaging your audience and encouraging them to share your promotions with their friends.
Increase sale using Google
The number of searches in google increase in the festive time, why not make all those searches you prospect customers using Google Adwords.
What can Google do for you?
- Measurable – With Google AdWords, every single aspect of your marketing campaign is measurable, right down to the number of clicks, number of impressions, click through rate (CTR), number of conversions, conversion rate, cost per click (CPC), cost per acquisition (CPA), etc. It’s very easy to measure your return on investment (ROI).
- Cost Effective – You only pay when someone clicks on your ad (i.e. you pay per click) and you determine exactly how much you want to spend.
- Maximum Relevance – When you run a Google Adwords campaign, the clicks you received will be mostly related to your keywords
- Location Targeting- Google AdWords allows you to target specific geographic locations.
- Language Targeting- AdWords has over 40 language options for campaign targeting.
- Time Targeting- AdWords allows advertisers to select specific hours during the day for optimal targeting.
While it may sound like email is the last thing anyone will consider checking during the festive season, the fact is that email marketing is still one of top marketing tactics. Considering that 25% of all email sent during the year goes out during the festive season, it’s time to start planning your email marketing campaign.
- Exclusive, Subscribers – Only Discounts- Why not reward your loyal Customer with an exclusive offer? Whether that means offering them a discount on online products, providing free shipping, or creating another lucrative promotion, your Customer will appreciate the kindness you’ve extended.
- Festive wishes- Without your customers, your brand would not exist. This holiday season, show your appreciation with a “Happy Festive season!” email sent to clients, subscribers, and other connections. Going the extra mile proves that you care about your network and wish them the best during the holiday season.Add a layer of personalization further proves your commitment to the happiness of your customers and connections.
- Shopping Reminders- Are you hosting a festive sale? Make sure you remind your customers and subscribers! Otherwise, how will they know to shop? Shopping reminder emails don’t need to be overwhelming or frequent. A simple reminder to take advantage of a great online or in-store shopping discount can go a long way!
Text Message Campaign
SMS marketing is one of the best for hosting festive sales . The possibility of your email going uncheck is high but with the good open rate of SMS, there are greater chances of increasing conversion. Some technique for text message.
- Weekly text message – A simple weekly “text tip” keeps you in front of your prospects while providing value and paving the way for other types of text messaging.
- Send out flash texts about Discounts – Flash sales announced only via text message are a great way to make your customers feel special and build excitement around your text message marketing.
- Festive- Without your customers, your brand would not exist. This holiday season; show your appreciation with a “Happy Festive season!” SMS sent to clients, subscribers, and other connections. Going the extra mile proves that you care about your network and wish them the best during the holiday season. Add a layer of personalization further proves your commitment to the happiness of your customers and connections.
Selling on Amazon –
Try out the Amazon sponsored add services, Keyword Optimization, optimized bids, create targeted campaigns, boost sales to increase the visibility of your products and ultimately increase your sales.
- Promotion – A promotion offers an incentive for a customer to make a buying decision sooner rather than later, or to choose one product or seller over another.
Types of promotion are – Money Off (Purchase Discount),Buy One Get One (Free Product),External Benefit. Customer reaches a minimum threshold, either by spending a dollar amount you’ve specified, or by buying a certain quantity of a product or products.
- Sponsored ads – With more than 350 million products on Amazon. it becomes more and more difficult for sellers to get their products in front of the customer. Thus, Amazon’s “Sponsored Products” ads are becoming extremely popular among sellers as they offer minimum cost to advertised their product. BM Consulting helps Amazon sellers avoid some common mistakes and get the most out of Amazon Sponsored Products.
- Amazon FBA – Amazon has created one of the most advanced fulfillment networks in the world, and your business can benefit from our expertise. With Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), you store your products in Amazon’s fulfillment centers, and Amazon pick, pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Best of all, FBA can help you scale your business and reach more customers.
- Lighting deal – Lightning Deals can be found throughout Amazon.com, and are available on the Today’s Deals page or Prime Day page. Lightning Deals are available, one per customer, until either the promotion period for the deal expires or all the available inventory is claimed.Since Lightning Deals are time-sensitive, it’s important to complete your order as soon as possible. You can sign up to watch a Lightning Deal up to 24 hours before it begins.
- A+ catalogue – A+ Content is a detailed product descriptions, rich images, charts and narrative copy to help customers make informed buying decisions.This premium content from manufacturers is meant to drive more conversions on a detail page. According to Amazon, A+ Content can increase sales on average 3 to 10% by educating the consumer about your product and brand.