Your website might be getting a good number of traffic, but you might still not be growing in business conversions. The sole purpose of a website is not simply just to attract people to open it once, but to retain users until they search your site and land up with the solution to their issues. If your website is user-friendly, it increases the chances of all major pages/information being browsed. With this point, you are already educating your users at a much higher rate. When more web pages are browsed, the chance of a user converting increases rapidly. Some minor features which usually go overlooked might be just the once stopping your traffic from converting.
Use the following few points to retain your users on your website and make sure they actually convert into clients.
- The first rule – Keep it simple. Make sure that your website is laid out neatly and is not overwhelmed with too much information. A lot of text and graphics all around the screen immediately distracts users. Make the negotiation on your site easy such that the user may reach his requirement in a maximum of three clicks.
- Call to action – this is a very strong point for all websites, but use it wisely. Place it static at places with great content for users, so that is unavoidable. If you are using pop-ups, just ensure that it doesn’t cover the main section of the page or doesn’t appear and reappear again to interrupt the viewing of users. You may use more than one call to action
- Header lines – make your header lines clear and insert multimedia options next to them. This attracts users and summarises your services for the users. Use large fonts for headers so that no effort is required from the user to understand where he stands in your website.
- Contact forms – Contact forms are necessary to allow immediate interaction with genuine users who really need your services. Apart from the contact us page, you may include a pop up contact form on relevant pages.
- Free trials/packages – As long as a child doesn’t taste it, he doesn’t like it. The same rule applies for all users as well. Give them a free trial of your services so that they can recognise the benefits. This feature helps greatly in retaining users and eventually converts them.
The above mentioned simple points are valid enough to retain your web traffic and help in converting the genuine users. Use them to enhance your business through a better website for a better business future.