The product title is the most important part of the product listing. On the product detail page, it shows at the top. It also shows on the Search Result Page(SERP) below the product image. It briefly defines the product. The title text size on product detail page greater than other text because it attracts users to understand the actual product.
Therefore we have to optimize the title of every product. The title must be descriptive so that users can identify the product in no time. Amazon gave some guidance to optimize the product title. Tips to take to optimize the product title are as follow :
- It should be short and descriptive.
- Arrange the information in a proper sequence. Brand Name > Color/Flavour/Variant > Size/Quantity>Keywords. As an example, if you’re selling men’s shirts, the product title should look something like this: Van Heusen Men’s Checkered Slim Fit Casual Shirt.
- Capitalize the first letter of every word except ‘and’.
- Use the numeric value for size or quantity. It looks more attractive.
A seller should also avoid mistakes and violation of Amazon guidelines:
- The maximum character used in the title should not be more than 200.
- Avoid using special character i.e. ‘*’, ‘@’, ‘&’ etc. Not use ‘&’ in place of ‘and’.
- Avoid putting promotions, prices, symbols in the title.
- Capitalization of every single letter violates Amazon’s guidance.
These are some important tips you should consider to optimize your product title. Use most of the primary keywords in the title. It improves your organic ranking as well as Ads quality score.
For any information on Digital Marketing, you may contact us or visit our website www.bmconsulting.in