Creating a website for any business is important. It can help with your online promotions, build your brand, and generate sales. However, creating the perfect website is ever more important. A well designed, logical and clean website works well with online marketing, especially if it is created with usability and SEO in mind.
Web designers can be a blessing in disguise when it comes to building the perfect .com. They know their clients, the viewers, and what can draw more traffic. Web designers help to –
- Create your site’s design.
- Setup you CMS.
- Lay down the static pages.
- Accomplish your SEO goals.
- Teach you the basics of CMS.
- Provide you with login/password to CMS so that you can make your own changes.
There are billion reasons why you should hire a web designer but how do you know if the one you hire is the right choice.
- You can always know how your web designers work just by looking at the other websites they have created. Browse through their .com portfolio and see if their style fits yours.
- A word with your designer can help you in creating the perfect website. A good designer will openly tell you his capabilities. He will ask you about your current website (if you have), about your company and its goals. More importantly, he will talk about your online vision of the company.
- Remember it’s not the designer’s job to get you to the front of Google. Be aware of those who promise the same. Their job is to set up a website with the tools that can potentially get in the top search rankings. It is how you describe and lay down your vision that can help in SEO.
- Every website with time needs changes. There is nothing like a full built website. Any good designer will teach you the basics of CMS and how to work on it so that you can make little tweaks on your website. But if they are pricing you for these little changes, you are being ripped off.
- Always hire a designer whose true passion is the web. Such a designer will provide you with the best results, simply, because they understand the web and its tricks.
- You only want one person to create your website, from conceptualizing to designing to implementing. Splitting this will only give you poor result and an isolated website.
- Web designers can help you with online marketing on your website. It is advisable and quite obvious that your design agency should work on your website and hire a different agency to work on your social media and external marketing.
- Do not hire a designer that creates a website in all Flash. It takes a lot of load time, doesn’t work on all browsers and isn’t very usable or clean.
- If you have someone on your team who spends most of his time on web, you would want them to be involved in creating your website. Why? Because they know what works and what looks authentic.
- The best designers are the most recommended. When you hire a designer, you want to get referral by someone you trust and know his stuff about the internet. This can help in creating the perfect .com.
Remember, having a website is just the first step. You have to continuously work on it to make it on the top in Google search list. However, the first step is the stepping stone, so be sure to find the perfect web designer.