When someone mentions LinkedIn, the first thing that pops up in our mind is a “formal” social media platform that lets us connect with different professionals across the world and showcase our qualifications. In other words, LinkedIn can be considered as an excellent online resume. However, using it for looking for job openings is just scratching the surface.
LinkedIn is much more than a professional network for landing your dream job. Lead generation is something that can be done very easily and effectively with the help of this platform. According to a survey, 66% of people think that LinkedIn is the most effective social media platform for boosting your sales.
So, why do you think LinkedIn is able to show good numbers when it comes to sales? The answer is simple. Everyone on this platform is present there with a clear objective of connecting with other businesses to expand their own. In other words, there are millions of prospects waiting for you to educate them about your business.
Below is a list of few things should consider to get the most out of LinkedIn:
1. Optimize your profile: The first and foremost element which your prospects will check is your profile. There are a lot of business owners who fail to complete their profile as advised by LinkedIn. You need to make sure that you fill out every single column there is to get your profile strength to an All-Star level (which is the topmost level on LinkedIn).
Infuse your profile with keywords that are relevant. For this, you will need to look for the words that pop up when you type in your industry keyword in the search bar. For example, if you are looking for keywords related to ‘content writing’, then the following highlighted keywords might prove to be useful.
2. Study your own product thoroughly: Remember to prepare yourselves technically before approaching prospects over LinkedIn as they are a bunch of professionals who already have considerable knowledge of the industry and hence, won’t fall easily for your usual gimmicks. Use the strategies mentioned in this article and you are sure to convert this platform into a lead generation machine.
3. Add backlinks to your profile: Backlinks are an important tool to get customers directed to your profile. Learn to place these backlinks strategically in your blogs or other social media posts. The more backlinks you generate, the higher your profile will rank in organic search.
Don’t forget to put a link in your author bio when you guest post on other sites. This will encourage your readers to visit your profile if they like your blog.
4. Customize your URL: Your default LinkedIn URL is a set of letters and numbers that make no sense to you or your business. However, LinkedIn has given you the option to create a custom URL for your profile where you can use your full name. In case your name is already taken, try adding a modifier to it give it a little twist.
5. Build a vast network of connections: On a professional platform like LinkedIn, everything revolves around your connections. The more connections you have, the more likely is your profile to surface on LinkedIn’s algorithm. Therefore, you need to make sure that you connect with as many people as possible in order to grow your business.
It is wise to decide the people with whom you wish to connect with. Start by connecting with the people you already know as they are your prime targets. Even if a few people do not belong to your industry, keep them as your connection because you never know who will prove to be helpful for you in future. On the other hand, a targeted network allows you to focus clearly on lead generation.
Try to connect with your prospects using customized request templates that feel convincing than the default template and help to connect on a personal level as well. Explain to your prospects why do you wish to connect with them by writing a personalized request, as shown in the example below.
Just like when someone opens Facebook, they are thinking about photos and videos, a person who is logged in to LinkedIn is already thinking about business. Following the strategies mentioned above will help you to strengthen your presence on LinkedIn and will help to boost your sales. After all, business is at the core of this social media platform and which is why it is the best way to generate B2B leads.