Whenever you find yourself on the Google landing page, what is the first thing that you notice? The answer is Google Doodle. This element of Google is not only informative but is also visually appealing and gives you a reason to visit the Google landing page every day and use this search engine rather than any other. Similarly, in your daily life, you come across a variety of visual content in the form of magazines, TV advertisements, Facebook Ads, billboards etc. You tend to read these advertisements only if you find them visually attractive at first glance. Moreover, you are 65% more likely to remember the information if it includes an image. Such is the impact of graphics in the field of content marketing. This implies that you need to generate effective graphical content if you want your business to succeed.
Following are a few tips that you can follow to create an impactful graphical content:
1. Decide a goal: You need to decide a goal for your social media graphic design before you start working on it. This will help you to set up a base while creating a design for your social media content. You need to start by asking yourself a few questions like:
• Why am I doing this?
• Who is my target audience?
• Which social media platforms do they use?
• Do I want to increase sales or user engagement?
• What action do I want my audience to take once they see the design?
These questions might seem simple but they have a huge impact on the way your design gets created. Once your goal is set, make sure that you take further steps based on this goal.
2. Resize image according to the platform: There are different social media platforms that allow you to post your visual content like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. However, each of these platforms has its own specifications for images that you need to understand before posting anything. You will need to resize the image and change its type according to the norms of your platform. You can familiarize yourself with the current norms and specifications by using Facebook Ads Guide for Facebook, cheat sheet for LinkedIn, etc.
3. Use free resources and tools: If you do have a problem in spending a large sum on a professional photographer for your content requirements, then you can always resort to the free tools that are available on the internet. These tools give you access to countless images that do not have a copyright and can be freely used in your posts without any implications. Following is a list of few such resources and tools:
4. Include your brand in the design: According to a study, it takes about seven times of seeing or hearing your brand for someone to recognize it. This means that you need to incorporate your brand logo, color, and fonts into your design to create impactful visual content. Doing this will not only enhance your image but will also help to redirect your audience to your website. The only thing which you need to be mindful of is to make sure that the addition of your logo to a particular image does not take away the essence of that image.
5. Be consistent: Consistency is an attribute that has a high value in any business. You need to make sure that the content which you are posting is consistent with your brand and is successful in keeping your audience engaged. As long as your audience feels connected to your brand and understands the message you wish to deliver, you will be on a path towards success. The moment you derail from your original idea and start posting irrelevant and random content, you are bound to lose your customers.
Along with the tips mentioned above, you also need to have an in-depth understanding of every social media platform because each of them has its own set of requirements and specifications. Also, don’t forget to be creative while designing any content for your website since it is this content to which your audience is going to get connected. Keep everything simple yet unique to keep moving up the ladder of success.