Facebook is a popular social media platform in the world. You will seldom find someone belonging to the millennial generation who does not have an account on Facebook. People use this platform to share images, videos, and other types of content with their friends or with the world. However, in recent years, Facebook has garnered attention as a reliable and quick means of getting business.
According to research conducted in 2020, Facebook has over 7 million advertisers while 93% of marketers use Facebook advertising regularly. This data is enough to portray the importance of this platform for your business. However, generating content and posting it on Facebook is not enough if you wish to attract customers to your business.
You need to think out of the box to get the maximum return on investment from your Facebook posts. Your images should have a catchy design and crisp yet clear content that would explain your product in a few words.
Following is a list of few tips that you can implement in your Facebook advertisement campaign to gain maximum conversions from your posts.
1. Select Images That Steal Attention: Firstly, you need to ensure that your Facebook ad design is at least 1200 x 628 pixels wide to have a proper impact on the viewer. Secondly, try to use real images as much as possible instead of stock photos. Studies have shown that the click-through rate multiplies when you use real photos because they portray the actual emotion behind your advertisement. In the example given below, Virgin America airlines used a realistic photo of the cabin crew to attract customers.
2. Adhere to the 20% rule: It is said that it only takes 13 milliseconds for our brains to process images. This shows the importance of a meaningful image over detailed content. For this reason, Facebook allows you to include text on your images as long as it takes up less than 20% of the image’s total area. Hence, the next time you wish to post an image, make sure that it has as much less content as possible.
Every placement has its own pros and cons. For example, Mobile news feed is suitable for generating awareness about your brand, the right column placement is ideal for people who have already visited your website and the desktop news feed is apt for placing costly ads that are sure to drive conversions.
4. Use CTAs: You have nine different options to choose from for your Call-To-Action (CTA) which are shown below.
You need to ensure that you select the appropriate CTA according to your business. For example, if you are a clothing brand like in the example given below, use “Shop Now” as your CTA. Make it a point to keep your headline, text, description and CTA consistent so as to avoid any confusion of your viewer.
5. Use Testimonials: Recommendations will always be one of the best ways to boost your sales. No matter how creative you make your ads, people will be inclined to buy from only you if they come to know that many others have benefitted from your product or service. Using customer testimonials to increase your brand reliability might sound cliché but it still has a lot of impact on your prospective customers.
6. Incorporate Videos In Your Ads: Videos are a powerful way of showcasing your brand to the world. Videos convey a lot more than what the regular text does and they take less space than the text-based ads as well. Videos allow you to tell stories about your brand and explain your services in detail. What’s more, you can pique the buyer’s attention by including some exciting background music in your video that suits your brand.
7. Use Different Ad Formats: Sticking to the same ad format will decrease the number of conversions eventually. To keep your customers interested in your brand, try using different ad formats like Carousel Ads, Collection Ads, Canvas Ads etc. Carousel Ads are productive for your business because they allow you to tell better stories about your brand. This format enables advertisers to show 3-5 images, headlines and links or CTAs in a single ad unit.
Facebook ads are an effective medium of reaching new customers and strengthening your place in the minds of the existing ones. The trick is to keep them simple and design them in a way that would help to showcase your brand in the simplest yet smartest way possible.