Online shopping is a regular for people around the world now. Regardless of what you’re looking for, you can probably buy it online. E-commerce has seen a special boom in recent times, owing to the coronavirus pandemic. This means that more people are shopping online now than ever. Businesses across the world that weren’t already selling online started to learn E-commerce trade to stay relevant and be in business.
E-commerce is a convenience both for the seller and the buyer. Sometimes the buyer knows very specifically what they’re looking for; hence they employ the services of a search engine. Search engines like Google are always going to be what digital marketing is going to be focused on. It is the most successful channel of marketing. So what Google did is they set up their own channel of E-commerce called Google Merchant Center.
Google merchant center is an online dashboard where merchants can manage their appearance across all Google platforms. They can make changes that will be consistent across all their Google platforms, including Google search and YouTube. The merchant center allows a business to keep its product information consistent across the relevant Google shopping searches.
This information includes pictures, prices, and relevant informational content. The merchant center also allows you to integrate Google services like My Business and AdWords. This also gives you scope for advanced monitoring and oversight to control Google-based marketing.
Advantages of Google Merchant Center
Google Merchant Center provides its users with a world of unique advantages.
- Be Everywhere: One great thing that Google offers equally to all its partners is its omnipresence. Regardless of what platform your shopper is looking to buy from, Google has a finger in the pie. Uploading your product data on GMC will make it visible to millions of shoppers across the world.
- Show Relevant Content to Shoppers: With GMC, you can edit and control the relevant information visible on your targeted keyword’s SERP. Instead of a textual link, there will be an image of your product with the information of what platform it is being sold on.
- Dynamic Remarketing Ad Campaigns: The majority of the customers will be reluctant to buy your product in the first go. The first time, most people just want to see how much items cost them, so they will add the product to the cart. This gives you the chance to remarket the product to a specific customer, even with customized messages to get their attention.
Manage Google Interactions
After setting up with GMC, you can take full advantage of all the Google commodities to better sell and monitor your products and campaigns.
- Buyers prefer to look for what they want to buy on search engines. The advantage you get with GMC is that your products will show up as a catalog regardless of being listed on any website. This increases visibility and gives the buyer an interactive format that is much more attractive.
- You can integrate your account with Google AdWords. By tying your products with specific keyword targeting Ads on AdWords quickly and easily. This integration also opens up the option of remarketing products to customers.
- Another handy integration that Google allows is with Google Analytics. This is the platform you use to monitor the hits on specific product pages. You can make a custom segment that tracks your Google Merchant Center hits. Separate from the hits on your website.
- Direct website funneling is another great feature of this service. The buyer will be taken a right to the product website. For example, if you are selling on Amazon, the link will take the user directly to the product page. This feature comes in really handy when you are selling on your website.
- The power of Google allows you to target certain demographics, especially if your product is sold only in a specific geographical area.
Google Merchant Center gives you powers beyond regular services to help your brand sell more products. Since Google will always keep up with the times and never be old-fashioned, set up your Google Merchant Center account today!
*******This blog is compiled by Divyanshu Gupta*******