Facebook is one of the leading platforms when it comes to social networking and advertising. Ever since its inception in 2004, Facebook users have grown by leaps and bounds, thus making this platform an important tool for marketing. Facebook allows a business to share images, videos as well as the necessary content required to boost the conversion rate. But for this to happen, users must actively engage with your Facebook posts and this engagement is usually in the form of likes, comments, and shares. Checking in to your location or tagging you in a post can also be considered as engagement. This type of engagement not only helps to increase your reach organically but also helps to promote your News Feed placement with the help of the Facebook Algorithm.
1. Know your audience: When you are looking for engagement on your posts, you need to pay attention to your audience’s wants and needs. Facebook Page Insights offers useful information about your audience which can be used to research and identify the type of content the audience responds to. This knowledge will help you to create more engaging content with which the audience can easily connect.
2. Generate quality content: Facebook is a platform where people can share and re-share the posts they feel are worth reading. Hence it becomes important to create content which is worth sharing. Always try to put in some value into your content which would help the audience to connect with it. The content should be such that it gives the audience a reason to spread the word. So before posting your content on Facebook always ask yourself whether you feel like sharing it within your own network. If the answer is yes, then you can go ahead and post it on Facebook. For example, the FedEx Facebook Page is one of the best examples of quality and interactive content.
3. Implement timely posting: Finding the right posting time is an important factor to boost your engagement. If you can figure out the time when your fans are most likely online, it will help to increase the number of comments and shares on your Facebook posts. The best time for posting depends on various factors and varies from industry to industry. Start posting at least once a day so that it will help you understand what time works best for you. You can also experiment by posting on times that are outside typical business hours like late nights, early mornings and even weekends and public holidays. If you wish to generate more engagement, then always target the best time when the majority of your target audience is online.
4. Use creative and high-quality images: Sometimes, a good image is enough to convey your message rather than lengthy content. Facebook posts that include a photo increase the chances of people sharing or commenting on it by many folds. If you have a good quality camera, then try to take close-up shots of your product or customers. In case you do not have a camera, you can even click some quality images from your smartphone and post them online. Even stock photos are a great option in case you are not sure about your photography skills. There are a number of free stock photo sites where the professionals have clicked and uploaded high-quality images that you can use for your own good.
5. Ask questions: Asking questions is a good way to develop a healthy relationship with your existing as well as potential customers. An interesting question proves to be a great way to make people comment actively on your posts. You can even ask your followers about the type of content they would like to see in your News Feed. These questions act as a call to actions by attracting the attention of people and getting them to share their views. Some sample questions are as follows – Why do you [like our brand or event]?, Do you agree with [this statement, person, decision etc]?, What’s your favorite [product, delicacy, car, song, movie etc]?
It goes without saying that the higher the Facebook engagement, the better your reach. This type of engagement holds an important place in any business marketing strategy because it helps you to reach out to your target audience organically, without spending on paid advertisements. Thus you are able to attain your business goals of generating quality leads and increasing sales.