Banner ads are a rectangular graphic display on a webpage. Banner ads are purely image based as opposed to text advertisements. They contain either minimal or no text. And hence, they are capable of catching more human attention than simple ads. Banner ads are created and used with the intention of driving significant traffic to a particular website or landing page. They should be catchy and should immediately compel the user to click. The first banner ad was launched on hotwired.com in October 1994. It was simple and contained a colourful image with the text persuading the user to click.
Banner ads should be aimed towards attracting users at first sight. Some of the best banner ads have this aptitude as seen below.
When it comes to Amazon, banner ads will be more effective and beneficial as everyone visiting the site is a customer and has come on the site to purchase. It may be considered similar to announcements made about promotions in real-life stores. The Amazon customer base sums up to over 300 million worldwide. These customers are continuously revisiting the site (on a regular basis) and thus re-marketing is also made easy on online marketplaces for banner ads.
Amazon has recently launched a mandatory seller criterion to have a minimum sale of 3 lacs before you may begin banner advertisements. Amazon charges costs for banner ads using two models – the CPM (cost per impression) and CPC (cost per click). The CPM model charges according to the number of times the banner is viewed by users and the CPC model charges on the number of times a banner is clicked on. Apart from this, there are certain criteria that the ads should comply with when a seller opts for banner ads. Here is the checklist for Banner advertisements on Amazon:
- Adult products, alcohol, drugs, weapons, pharmaceutical drugs and other illegal products are not permitted for the CPC model
- Religious/political/provocative images/texts should not be included in banner creatives
- Amazon logo should not be included in banner creatives
There are few points that should be considered when designing the banner ad campaigns:
- The landing page of the banner click should have a minimum of 3 ASINs
- If the landing page is a product detail page, the banner should contain only one product image
- If the landing page is search result page or a storefront page, the banner can contain more than one product/image. And in this case, all products should be of the same brand
A general check of grammatical errors and product placement always helps in improvement of results. As mentioned earlier, banner ads are all about stimulating the user to click. This directly means that design plays a big role in the campaign. Designing should be well dealt with and reproduced to an intuitive creative for banner ads to be success.
Amazon provides specifications for all banner ads that it supports. Take a look at the details for further information and go ahead with Banner advertisements to achieve greater sales. Contact us for banner ad designs and campaigns.
Please follow and like us:
The main purpose of advertising is to reach out to your target audience; efficiently enough to capture the right proportion of traffic towards your product/service. Getting more customers has always been the main goal and the most unsolved secret to date in the marketing periphery. Common answers to this impenetrable question of traffic come as good marketing, good customer communication, good customer support, etc. Let’s take this a step further and get into the consumer’s shoes. After all, in order to fascinate an audience, you have to infiltrate through their thoughts. There are some simple methods that may be overlooked in your advertising strategy resulting in a much lesser traffic towards you.
The infographic below does a good job at highlighting these points.
Please follow and like us:
Tackling Banner Advertisements
In order to boost your online sales, banner advertisements can become a work of art, but like every other form of marketing; you need to know how to create a perfect banner commercial. And for that, you need to first deal with the main issues related to banner advertisements.
There are mainly two problems associated with banner advertisements which need to be tackled in an efficient manner.
- The integral problem with them is that, it disrupts the viewer of the advertisement, of what they were initially doing on the internet which is usually either researching or engaging on social media or enjoying a video. Since you are creating a friction with your potential consumer, your focus should be on “inbound” marketing and avoiding any disruptive advertisement.
- The other problem is that these commercials slow down your web surfing as well as your computer performance, which often leads to people installing ad blocking software.
Tips for a Successful Banner Advertisement
Like any other form of advertising, you need to be clear of what you what and how you want to represent in order to stand out of the crowd. This is the same with online banner commercials.
- You will end up with a poor ad performance if you post your commercial on every website you find. You should take the time out to find out which websites your potential customers view and post your commercials accordingly. Thus, the first thing you should do is to create a list of ideal choices of websites and blogs where you can publish your banner ads and contact those websites directly. Maintaining a good relationship with the owners of these web operators will help you in the long run.
- You should start out by testing your commercial. This means, posting the first banner ad to see where it sticks, what its shortfalls are and how you can improve your web presence in the next banner advertisement. This also helps you understand how important it is to be creative and innovative in web marketing and how you can catch your customer’s interest on the internet.
- The next thing you need to know is where to post your ad on a website. Most internet surfers follow the “F” Shaped Pattern. They read from left to right, usually first scanning the top of the page, return to the left and can the middle. They finally return to the left column and scroll from there. According to this pattern, the best place for your banner is likely to be in the top left corner of the website. However, it also depends on the layout of the website.
- When you post your banner, you should give some thought as to where you will send your banner ad traffic. Depending on what you are promoting in your advertisement you can send them to-
- Your Home Page.
- A Category Page.
- A Product Page.
- A Promotional Page.
Buying Banner Advertisements
There are two ways to buy banner advertisements. –
- One-Off Banner Ads In this you are directly reaching out to the web operator regarding your advertising campaign and pay the nominal rates they ask for. You should work on becoming a resident advertiser on these websites. This will help you in building a relationship with their regular visitors. Keep on changing your advertising theme and style and make those visitors notice you.
- Ad Networks If you want to spread your brand, you can tie-up with an ad network. They are middlemen between you and the website your ads reside on. This will help you spread your brand on various web networks.
No matter what approach you choose, you need to be creative enough to leave a mark on your customers. Marketing is all about how you can increase your customer base, hence, start working on your next advertisement now.
Please follow and like us: