For an e-commerce portal that generated $75.5 billion in sales in the first quarter of 2020 and has over 2.5 million active sellers across the globe, it is safe to say that there is bound to be a cutthroat competition when it comes to selling your product online on Amazon. While it is true that there are a lot of elements that contribute to the selling of your product, product discoverability is something that plays a major influence in your overall sales.
Product discovery is the process of customer coming to your online store and discovering a product he wants to purchase. The time it takes for this process to happen is known as ‘product discovery time’. This particular process plays a vital role in your business because if a potential customer is not able to find your product, then all your advertising money and efforts will go in vain.
It is possible to increase the discoverability of your product after making a few changes to your Amazon product page. Making these changes will make it easy for your customer to find your product, which will, in turn, boost your sales. Let’s have a look at them below:
- Give A Descriptive & Informative Title To Your Product: Your product title will always have an impression on the potential customer, hence it is of paramount importance that you give serious thought to the product title before finalizing it. Perform detailed keyword research to identify the top keywords that set your product apart from the competitors.
Try to figure out what kind of search terms people would use while searching for your product and try to incorporate them in your title in a productive way. However, you need to be cautious that you do not stuff your title with keywords as it can have a negative impact on your product ranking.
- Write Detailed Bullet Points: Bullet points are an important entity for product discoverability because they highlight the important features of your product in a crisp way. Most customers do not have the time to scroll through the product description or your Enhanced Brand Content. They want information which can be absorbed quickly without wasting much time. This is where bullet points come in the picture.
A quick look at the bullet points is enough to provide a potential buyer with all the information he needs. You can make use of these five bullet points to tell about what your product is made of and how it will help to solve a particular problem.
- Add Variations To Your Listings: Including product variations in your listings is important because it not only boosts your rank but also allows you to address a large group of people. Variations permit a seller to showcase different colours, sizes and flavours of the same product to the potential customer.This enables the buyer to choose the variation of his liking, thereby increasing the chances of purchase.
- Use High-Quality Product Images: They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and this saying is true when it comes to online shopping. Enhanced product images create more impact on shoppers than an articulate product description. High-quality images play a major role in deciding the Click-Through-Rate (CTR) of your product.
Amazon allows you to add up to nine images, which gives you a lot of choices to showcase your product in a unique way so as to appeal to the customer. Use high-resolution images of your products and make sure that they are photographed from different angles. Being creative during the product photoshoot will greatly help in enticing the potential buyer.
- Get Positive Customer Reviews & Feedback: Products having good ratings (four-star or higher) are bound to climb up the Amazon SERP and hence it is very important to regularly check your product reviews and act on the negative ones. Communicating with the customers who have given negative reviews will help to build trust and will also showcase your values of putting customer satisfaction at the forefront.
Seller feedback is also an important entity because it plays a major role in winning the Buy Box. You can start by reaching out to your regular customers and ask them politely to write about what they think about you and your product. There are a lot of feedback tools available as well that automatically remind the buyer to post a review once their purchase is complete.
To be frank, there is no fixed strategy which can help you boost your product discoverability. Amazon is a crowded marketplace and hence you need to keep improvising your product title, images and content so as to make your product discoverable. Incorporating these changes in your product page will surely contribute to boosting your sales.
For any information on Digital Marketing, you may contact us or visit our website www.bmconsulting.in