Selling on Amazon has become one of the more effective sales channels for both sellers and vendors. The competition of selling on Amazon is cutthroat, so sellers must employ whatever tactics can improve their chances of sales. A+ Content is something that definitely gives you an edge over your competition.
It is a tool offered by Amazon that allows you to showcase your product and brand image with extravagance. With the A+ Content, you can put up images, videos, and enriched text that describes your product well.
However, there are some eligibility criteria that a seller must fulfill to be able to use A+ Content for advanced marketing. Sellers must be registered with Amazon’s Brand Registry. Also, Amazon’s managed selling programs have the function of adding A+ Content to the products.
Such services like Launchpad or Amazon Exclusives provide automatic access to their clients. Eligible sellers can add A+ Content to any ASIN that they own according to the GCID.
Limitations of Enhanced Content
There are 2 cases in which you can’t add A+ Content on your Amazon product pages.
- If a retail vendor has already put up A+ Content on the same product with a different ASIN, Amazon won’t allow you to add additional Content.
- Brand registry isn’t available for products in the media, video, digital, or books categories. For this reason, adding A+ Content to such products is also not applicable.
The Benefits of A+ Content
- Better Conversion Rates: These days, selling is all about visuals. Things that look good, sell better. The millions of customers browsing through N number of products on Amazon can be swayed into actually becoming paying customers through more graphic conviction. A+ Content can prove to be a great deciding factor for potential customers.
- Reduced Return Rate: With A+ Content on Amazon, a seller educates the customer deeply. So much space to talk about the product and the brand gives the customer a greater understanding of the product they are about to buy. When customers put in the time and effort before buying the product, they are less likely to return the products.
- Better Reviews: Consumers love to talk and give their feedback on the product pages. Potential customers who scroll through your product page and actually go through the A+ Content will most likely also look at the reviews. With great branding content, customers are impressed easily and tend to leave better customer reviews. After all, A+ Content is all about improving the customer’s experience.
How to Get the Most out of A+ Content
- Talk about the Differentiating Factors of your Product: Great business is all about problem-solving; you address a problem and present a solution. Content marketing is all about emphasizing these points. In your A+ Content, make sure to include all the relevant information about the product’s specifications, but more importantly, talk about how the product fits into the customer’s life. The additional real estate for texts and visuals is all you need to do a great job communicating with your market.
- Provide Product Details that Drive Purchase Decisions: There are thousands of products in similar categories. On an online marketplace as gigantic as Amazon, customers have all the choices they could ask for. What drives their purchase decisions is the small variations in details that make all the difference to an educated buyer. Try to enhance what you think are your product’s selling points and emphasize the points that drive purchase decisions.
- Simplify your Story: Just because you have more Content that you can generate doesn’t mean you have to fill the space with too much information. The point of A+ Content is to use text and visuals to simplify the communication between you and the customer. Break down the complexity that might revolve around the product and simplify the use of the product.
Restrictions and Rules of A+ Content
There are some specifics that you must follow to avoid your Content being rejected by Amazon.
- Referencing your company as a seller or distributor or providing any company contact information
- Mention of competitor products or seller authorization
- Pricing or promotional information
- Shipping detail information
- Inclusion of copyright, trademark, or registered symbols
- Boastful comments
- Time-sensitive products (hard sales copy)
- Customer reviews from Amazon or any other site
- The editorial or third-party quotes from external sources (magazines, television shows, etc.)
- Blurry or low-quality images
- Lifestyle images not showing the product (except brand story photos)
- Too many duplicates of the product images from the main image block
- Warranties or guarantees
- Attempts to mimic Amazon logos
- Logos from other organizations
- Links to other websites or (verbal) redirects to other sites (inside or outside of Amazon)
- Grave grammatical or punctuation errors, misspelling, strings of all caps text
- Abusive images
- Criminal activity
- Violations of category requirements or Selling on Amazon Policies
- Content is written in languages other than the local marketplace language
- Adult product content
- Subjective language
- Unverified claims, e.g. safety claims, energy-saving claims, drugs, beverages, food, health products
- Images containing watermarks or unreadable text – font size must be greater than 16
If you are a seller or vendor on Amazon, there is no better way to improve your customer’s journey from being a wanderer on the internet to an actual buyer than by adding A+ Content to your product page. It is a sure-shot way to increase your chances of being a better-rated and more successful seller on Amazon.
*******This blog is compiled by Divyanshu Gupta*******