The need for a basic understanding of Amazon sales rank and how it works is very important to gain success on Amazon.
What is the meaning of Amazon sales rank?
Every product is given a ranking on Amazon. It is otherwise known as BSR. The BSR system takes every product on Amazon and ranks it based on the number of sales the product has made. It is like a snapshot of how well a product is doing. The A Best Seller Ranking of a product can be found below Product Information in a product’s listing.
1) Consider all small details
You can’t just put some details about your product, add a picture and hope to make optimum sales. You will have to consider all the small details and take time making it better so that it looks good, and people react to it. In order for that to happen, you need to consider a few things:
- A relevant Title
- Accurate description about the product and information on key features
- Good images
- Enhanced Brand Content
You can use Splitly to check your the price of your product and photos. It tells you exactly what can help your product rank better than your competitors in the industry.
2) Use Keyword Targeted URLs
When you promote your product, people find out about it. If you do good promotions, people will want your product. If you intend your product to rank better and get better sales, you can use Jump Send’s Keyword Targeted URLs to release your product especially for the use of your target audience around the globe.
How to launch your product using Keyword Targeted URLs.
- Use Amazon to make a promotion
- Decide what keywords to add using Keyword Scout
- Choose what to give away every day using Keyword Scout
- List your product on Jump Send
- Add three keywords on Jump Send listing
- Promote your product for about 10-15 days
- Use Splitly to track your keywords
3) Become a master of Amazon PPC
Pay per click is Amazon’s own advertising system that allows you to make the most on your product through investing in sponsored ads. Amazon Sponsored ads are on the sidebars or at the top and it means that sellers are paying to get their product recognized. Pay per click by Amazon allows one to sell more products and not lose money.
- The keywords you should choose should be long tail keywords over short neck keywords. Maximum usage of Short neck keywords is used to help you in referencing your product while long tail keywords are phrases that give more details in response to your product. Long tail keywords have certainly more benefits that short neck ones as they are less expensive and have better conversion rates.
- Do research. You always need to keep doing research and finding better keywords for your products. Keyword Scout helps you to generate thousands of keywords in one click. You can take its help to improve your keywords and stay ahead in the competition.
- Do reports of your progress. When you have run a few ads on Amazon, you must check your progress. It will help you figure out what’s working and what’s not. You won’t have to spend money on ads and keywords that aren’t working.
4) Send emails to customers
In order to get customer response, you can send emails to follow up with your customers. That way, customers can give reviews about your products quickly. There is a higher chance of getting positive reviews through this.
Instead of writing emails to every customer and making it sounds like a tedious thing to do, you can rather use Jump Send to make it easier for you. It has an automated email follow up a system that helps you check with your customers. So you can earn positive reviews and prevent negative ones. This improves your product status on Amazon.
5) Try new promotions
You should always try new promotions. But be careful of the fact that you do not use more than two Keyword Targeted URLs. Start more promotions for other relevant keywords using Keyword Scout. Don’t miss out on tracking your product and its search rank position. This way, you will get a good amount of sales and a nice rank for your product.