Whether you are writing a blog, content, title, description, campaigns, videos or performing any other promotional activities for your website, all stated activities will not work well unless you know the right keyword. Keyword is the query or search term triggered by the user, it occurs when a user look for any information or wants to buy some stuff on web. If you want to find right keywords you need to think from the perspective of user. Why is the user triggering this keyword, what makes him to do that and all such possible questions which can lead him to visit your website all come under keyword analysis. And that is why content writing has to perfectly integrated with appropriate keywords.
Google AdWords provides a keyword planner tool that gives us a right direction in the journey of keyword analysis. When We enter the potential keyword into keyword planner tool , its search volume on the web can be found for the selected time period, and also how much competitive this keyword is. Keyword analysis is a long process from the embarkment of website to endless promotional activities. so, even if you are website has been completed, your keyword analysis will still be on. Let’s discuss some important steps for keyword analysis –
If an ecommerce website is planning to increase its sale, its first step will be to increase its visitors or its online presence over web.
How will a visitor find you on the web?
Let’s say you are selling bottles online. visitors may approach your website by triggering search terms such as bottle, water bottle etc., These are known as keyword for your website. To improve your online presence you need to include potential keywords into your website content. Now, our next step is to find out what keywords people are generally searching most or volume of related keyword. Here, the role of keyword planner tool comes –
Keyword Planner Tool –
Find New Keywords & Search Volume Data
In the keyword planner tool you will find a search box in which you can enter your keyword and get its search volume. Considering the keyword “bottle”; average monthly searches for keyword bottle is 165,000 as shown in the figure, meaning that 165K people are searching for “bottle” in a month. This gives you a basic idea about your visitors.
Keyword by Relevancy – Along with keyword “bottle”, the planner tool also suggests related keywords or keywords by relevancy.
Competition – Besides the average monthly searches, find a column named competition, which is defined by Low, Medium, and High. Competition is defined as how competitive this keyword is in the market or how many people are using this keyword and ranking in google searches
- Low – Low means competition for keyword is low or less competitors are using these keywords. Example – Bottle
- Medium – Medium competition is in between low and high. Example- Bottle of water, pet bottle
- High – Competition is very high for these keywords or large competitors are using these keywords and ranking. Example – glass bottles, plastic bottles
There are two ways people can found your website
- Organic Search (without Ads)
- PPC (with Ads)
(1) For organic search – Organic search refers to the situation when your website is ranking in google search engine without running any paid Ads. For a new website, if we use low and medium competitive keywords, it would be easy to rank. We can use more than one low competitive keywords in our website content and sum of search volume of all those keywords will gain high traffic. High competitive keywords will have to face very high competition to rank.
(2) For Pay Per Click (PPC) – In PPC you can create Ads for Low-Med-High competitive keywords and these ads can be monitor for 1 to 2 months. After monitoring we can track the result of Ads, Ads with high conversion has the most favourable keywords for your website.
Keyword analysis helps in finding new market. It gives assistance to understand the demand and supply graph for particular product by furnishing search volume for potential keywords. It anticipates the market yields and enhances marketer’s decision making power.
Whether you need Analytics services for your website or keyword optimisation for your online marketplace storefront (Amazon, Flipkart etc), feel free to contact us for professional help!
Compiled by Meghna Sahu