Have you recently started your own E-commerce business? You’ve definitely taken a step in the right direction since the online presence of a business is both the present and the future! To make the most of these faculties available, you must make the most of social media and combine it with your E-commerce efforts. Let’s learn how!
There are very few ways to grow your customer base and increase awareness and sales online than social media. There are plenty of options available on more than just one channel to blow up your followers and increase visibility online.
So to make the most of the current services available, you must make use of more than Facebook. There are other social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter, and even YouTube! There is also lesser-used platform such as Reddit, Quora, Pinterest, etc.
There are several end goals that you can associate with your objectives of using social media. E-commerce sales are dependent on brand image, popularity, resonance with already existing customers, and many other factors. So based on that, first, you will need to define the objective. It could be…
- Driving traffic to your website and sell products from there. This would mean you are promoting your E-commerce destination.
- Selling directly on your social media platforms. The latest developments have made it possible to sell items on Facebook or Instagram directly.
- Setting up efficient communication with the customer base and establishing brand value. This communication needs to happen both before and after purchase to have a high rate of delighted and returning customers.
- Collecting data and insights from social media impressions and interpreting them for efficient marketing strategies.
Your approach to using social media doesn’t need to be exclusively for one reason. You could implement the above-stated reasons and combine them to see what works best for you. A combined approach to make your E-commerce and social media campaigns integrated is the best way to move forward.
The first step always is to establish this presence on every domain and keep an “always-on” strategy in place. This strategy is where you post relevant and engaging content on your platforms regularly. With this strategy in place, you will always have an already warm audience and better reach potential.
To have an effective “always-on” strategy in place, you will need…
- To define your objective first. This means what you mean to achieve with your strategy. Do you want people to know about your products and products alone? Or would you want them to know about your brand’s story too?
- Come up with a list of content forms. This could include informative creatives with images and text, blogs about related topics, and video content. Memes are also a good way to engage audiences.
- Make a social media calendar and plot all the content ideas corresponding with important dates where you could promote relevant content.
When it comes to integrating social media with your E-commerce, an “always-on” strategy helps your campaign efforts be more fruitful. But it is the campaign strategy that will get you your conversions and actual sales.
For a campaign strategy, you must employ targeted marketing and advertisements on various channels. Common content formats for E-commerce campaigns include…
- Influencer-generated content is something that can prove to be very valuable. Influencers are people on the internet with a huge presence and following. These people, depending on your niche, can boost your sales significantly. People are more likely to indulge with influencer advertisements than they are with social media ads.
- Carousel format content can feature various products in a swipe-next format, where you can boost your top-selling products with links to buy them.
- Video and image ads are always helpful in nurturing customers interested in your brand and eventually turn into paying customers.
There are ways to sell directly on social media these days. Instagram and Facebook shop features allow you to set up an e-commerce style storefront on your business pages and divert customers towards your products from thereon. Even Snapchat is trying to partner with Shopify and come up with a tool of their own.
It is very clear from all the information present here that selling any product online needs professional level use of social media for fruitful results. If your brand is looking to make things easy, it is best to partner with experts from BM Consulting. We combine our years of experience and industry-relevant knowledge in digital marketing with helping you be a better virtual merchant. Contact us for a quotation today!
**********This blog has been compiled by Divyanshu Gupta**********