What is that thing which an individual never misses to check out at least once every day? The answer is “social media account”. In the advent of mobile phones across the globe, social media engagement has seen a sharp increase in recent years. More and more people are spending most of their time on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. This large amount of interaction of people with these platforms has enabled businesses to use them for marketing. Social media marketing has become the need of the hour in today’s world and business that fails to implement this strategy is bound to see a downfall in their sales chart. There is no doubt that marketing on social media is productive for a business because of a number of reasons but it all depends upon how efficient their marketing strategy is and how effectively they are able to drive traffic to their site with these platforms.
Below are a few simple steps that can help you to drive business to your site:
1. Choosing the right social media platform: While it is true that setting up a social media account is easy, you need not open it on every single platform out there. This is because it takes a lot of time and effort to manage every account and you would rather invest in just one or two platforms. Know about your customers, their likes and dislikes, age, gender, location, etc before starting any social media account. These metrics will allow you to identify the most productive platform to kick start your social media marketing.
2. Create an effective profile: Your potential customers are going to learn about your brand through your social media profile even before visiting your website. Hence it becomes necessary to create an attractive and informative profile that offers the visitors an insight into your business. Be it your Twitter bio, Facebook About section or LinkedIn company page, you must ensure that you have completed these sections by filling in all the necessary and correct information about your business. Also, make sure that there is a link to your website’s homepage on your every social media profile. If people find your profile interesting, then they will surely visit your website to know more about you. You can visit the Facebook page of Barclays UK, to see how an ideal “About” section should be.
3. Share your posts: Make sure that you share your posts frequently because few people actually see your post every time you share it. If you have posted a valuable content in the first week of the month, then make sure that you share it in the second and the third week as well because only then will the chances increase of that post reaching your target audience. In addition to this, include relevant hashtags that are the recent trend in your business field so that people can find your content worth reading and might even share it within their circles. Just make sure that you do not post every 2-3 hours and fill your customer’s newsfeed with your posts because then they might think that you are “spam” and will unfollow you.
4. Post visually enhanced content: It has been proved that visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media because posts with higher visual content are more engaging than the ones without it. Including interesting images about your product or service can create a significant impact on your potential customers as they will find your posts interesting and worth reading. Even videos are becoming increasingly popular on social media pages because of their ability to convey the necessary information in an entertaining and effective manner. Here is an example of an Instagram post of Microsoft explaining the use of augmented reality in the future.
5. Promote special offers: This is one of the most clichés yet effective way of acquiring customers. You can include some special deals for your visitors on social media pages so that it can also get them on your website. Most of these visitors will tend to purchase your products at that instant rather than some other time in the future. To acquire more traffic, you can post these deals around holidays or on some special occasions. While offering any deal or coupons, state any restrictions about them upfront because the last thing you want is an upset follower who is unable to take advantage of your deal.
Social Media Marketing is one of the hottest topics in the market right now and every business is striving hard to use these platforms at their fullest so as to drive maximum traffic from them.