Amazon is the first largest e-commerce search engine. Most of the Product searches begin on Amazon. So, it is essential to know how the algorithm works and how you can drive traffic to your Product and rank Higher on Amazon searches. It can bring exponential growth to your business if your listing is optimized perfectly.
What Is The Amazon A9 Algorithm?
A9 is Amazon’s search algorithm. It works similar to Google algorithm for its search results. When a user searches the product in the search box, Amazon’s search engine algorithm ‘A9’ ensures that searchers get the most relevant results for their queries. Amazon also provides recommendations by using the data from a lot of queries that people have already made.
So, optimizing your Amazon search rankings is important because:
- Over 50% ofAmazon searchers don’t scroll beyond the first page.
- 35% of Amazon searchers click on the first product featured on a search page.
- The first three items displayed in the search results get more clicks.
How does Amazon A9 Algorithm work?
Amazon continuously updates its A9 algorithm to improve the customer experience. Here are two elements on which A9 algorithm works and influence the Product Ranking on Amazon.
Amazon evaluates the searcher’s queries and tries to show the most relevant product.
If a Product has a good sales record, it will be ranked at the top in the Amazon search results.
How to Increase the Relevancy:
To boost product sales fast, the best practice is to include Product Name, Brand Name and variants like color, size, Product type, and Quantity in the Product’s Title. Make sure to follow category-specific guidelines (style guides) for the length of the title. Don’t exceed the maximum length of 200 characters; including spaces otherwise, Amazon may truncate the longer titles.
How to Optimize Product Titles:
- Do research and find two or three keywords for your product.
- Keyword Inspector’s Reverse ASIN Tool: This tool allows you to spy on your competitors and suggest what keywords they are ranking for.
- Don’t include any irrelevant search term in your Title.
Backend Keywords / Seller Terms:
Backend keywords / Seller terms help Amazon to discover your product in the search result. So it is referred to as “hidden” feature of an Amazon product page listing. As per new guidelines, 249 characters (including spaces, hyphens, and commas) are allowed.
Tips for Backend Keywords:
- Keep variations in spellings or synonyms in order to capture all relevant keywords.
- Avoid Quotation marks to restrict the overall character count.
- Keywords Repetition should not be done.
Your product can rank higher if you have used relevant keywords in the description of your product and bullet points. Try to highlight the benefits and important points in order to add value to your product description.
Tips for Bullet Point:
- List out compelling and information-rich content in accordance with importance.
- Write down the attention-grabbing phrase in all CAPS and each bullet should be roughly 250-350 characters.
How to increase the Performance:
It is imperative to understand the performance-related ranking to facilitate the performance of the product listing.
Price of the Product:
The Product’s Price considerably affects your Amazon conversion rates. So, try to Retain Your Amazon Prices Competitive. This way you can Turn Traffic into Sales Leads and the algorithm will boost your product visibility.
According to the analysis, High-quality pictures help your product in escalating the conversion rates and marks in a high ranking of your product.
Tips for Bullet Point:
- Refer Amazon’s guidelines to format photos appropriately and backend naming convention;
- Use high-resolution photos and make sure your product occupy 85% of the photo frame.
Nowadays most of the customers rely on the reviews before purchasing the product. If the products have more reviews, Amazon will list the product at the top of the results page. So, to increase reviews send follow-up emails to the customers once they purchase the products.
It is necessary to optimize your listing while considering the algorithmic factors and keep monitoring your listing’s performance regularly to increase conversions and to grow your business.