With the rise of internet communication, email has emerged as the most compatible, user friendly, time and cost effective method of business/professional communication over the past few decades. Electronics mails have taken over the business world so much so that a new marketing methodology of email marketing has been developed in the corporate world. Although this is effective way of presenting your business curricular and leads to direct communication with the target audience, there are certain points that result in negative results.
Here are a set of points to be followed so that you may communicate effectively and productively with your target audience.
- The Subject Line – This is the first impression of your mail, frame it with care.
- Do not make it long. It should be read fully in the mail screen. 85 characters is a good numbers
- Do not use all caps lock.
- Make sure it is related to the content
- Content – Do not overload your mail with words. Be precise and exact. Short mails are more likely to be read
- Make use of bullet points and numbering when listing
- Make the layout legible
- Mention your services with the user perspective and how they will benefit by connecting with you. No one wants to know you to deep extents, so try and maintain a user perspective tone
- End with a sentence that evokes the requirement of the target audience. This can be in the form of a question too
- Signature – Use a signature with complete business information and contact details. A good signature represents a good institution
- Punctuation – Maintain punctuation and paragraphing throughout. Avoid using short forms and the exclamation mark
- Attachments – Try to avoid these in the first email. If you are required to send an attachment, mention about it in the email
It is also important to know who to mail. Data refining and extracting play a very vital role in all email marketing strategies. Together with this, it is also equally important to know when to send emails. Keep your market research up-to-date and send emails to the right audience at the right time. When writing the content, keep the above points in mind and you will surely get better results!