In spite of businesses spending millions of dollars on marketing their products and services, the customers tend to have faith in other people and listen to their reviews regarding a particular product or service before making the final decision. According to research, almost 70% of buyers rely on customer reviews before making a purchase. This real-time experience helps people to understand the authenticity of the product and find out whether it is as useful as it is shown in the advertisements.
Few of the major factors why customer reviews play an important role in the growth of a business are given below:
• People tend to determine the quality of business through customer reviews.
• If the reviews are positive, then it makes the newcomers trust in your business.
• Online reviews act just like personal recommendations and hence prove to be very helpful.
• It is said that a customer is likely to spend 31% more on a business that has positive reviews.
Thus, it is very clear that the success of your business is, to some extent, dependent upon the customer reviews. However, if you act smart, you can utilize these reviews to your own benefit and excel in your business. Following are a few ways that can help you to do so:
1. Utilize the best reviews to attract more attention: Out of all the reviews which your business has acquired over so many years, you can select a few unedited reviews and place them at strategic positions on your website such that the visitors will be able to see them clearly at first glance. You can even add the name and photo of the customer to make it more authentic and credible. All you need to do is just make sure that you have taken permission from the customer before doing so.
2. Respond quickly to the reviews: A major mistake that most of the companies make is that they either fail to respond to the reviews or take a lot of time for doing that. And this is the case for both the positive as well as negative reviews. It is very important to immediately respond to a customer’s review because it shows that you are willing to take action in case they have any problem with your service. This also helps to build trust and makes you stand out from your competitors.
3. Create case studies: Case studies offer an in-depth look at a customer’s challenge and how you helped overcome them. They often include things like the client’s history, the challenges they faced, your approach towards solving those problems and end result. These statistics prove to be engaging for people and help them understand the efforts you have put in to ensure customer satisfaction. You can select any one of your happy customers and reveal their success story through your case study.
4. Sharing reviews on social media: Since social media platforms are among the most used online portals, it is wise to share your customer reviews on these platforms so that more people will be able to see them and eventually contact you. Social media offers a lot of scopes to create and publish engaging content which allows you to post customer reviews as per your choice. Collect some good reviews about your business and share them on your social media handles like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
As you can see, just a two-liner review from your customer can have a considerable impact on your overall sales and growth. While it is no rocket science that businesses need to strive hard to get positive reviews, the negative reviews should not be sidelined as well. You need to improve in the fields where the customer says you are lacking and prove that you are worth trusting.