In the last decade, Facebook has turned from a fun online platform to one of the most critical business tools. Marketing used to be a complex phenomenon, which it still is. Still, Facebook has made it possible for small companies to acquire world-class marketing services that are easy to wrap your head around and eliminates the need for absolute mastery of the platform.
The world is on Facebook. For any niche, you will find most of your audience on Facebook. Most of your potential clients and customers are on Facebook, and they use it actively! Even if Facebook isn’t their primary medium to hang out online, Facebook Ads are effective for Instagram and even WhatsApp since they are Facebook-owned entities.
It is as easy as recharging your cell phone or ordering food online. You bolster your Facebook ads account with a prepaid balance and make an ad campaign accordingly. Facebook will tell you exactly how much you need to spend to reach how many people.
The exciting part is, Facebook will even help you tweak and adjust your advertisement to reach the most people. They do so by providing ideal customization options that allow you to precisely market to the right audience making the most of your budget. These options include,
1. Location: If you’re a local business, you probably only want to target the people in a specific locale. You can target anywhere from worldwide, to particular locations. A bonus tip, some countries have a low spending rate and give you gigantic returns in terms of numbers, i.e. more engagement, comments, and reactions on your post. This may not help grow your clientele but makes you look good with clout, which is also very good for business in a way.
2. Gender: Sometimes, your advertisements are gender-specific. With Facebook ads, you can target either both or one of the genders. This makes your budget spending efficient.
3. Interests: This is an important demographic to be able to control. “Interests” on Facebook mean the pages people like and follow. You can use this feature to add your competitors to the targeting section. This way, people who are already following your competition will be targeted, making it easy for you to reach people who are already interested in similar services.
4. Connections: Facebook’s algorithm is complex and ever-changing. It wants people to spend the most time on Facebook, and sometimes the way to do it shows people content by other pages that they value more. This is why to even your followers; your posts can be invisible. Facebook wants you to remedy that by paying them money. Your existing followers and connections are the most likely to respond positively to your advertisements.
5. Lookalike Audience: This is an advanced feature that targets people who are really into your business. A lookalike audience is a list of Facebook accounts that fall under similar demographics as your current audience, but are not connected to you on Facebook. For example, a lookalike audience will have people who are in the same geographical region, have similar interests, and share similar online behavior as people on your current audience list, but just have not liked your page yet. Such an audience is more likely to respond to your Facebook Ad positively.
Tips and Tricks for Better Facebook Advertising
1. Goals: Facebook Ads have improved how they operate. They have pre-designed campaign models based on what you want to achieve. Using these models efficiently is very important to make the most of your money. These goals are as follows
- Increase Website Traffic
- Improve Attendance for an Event
- Generate Sales Leads
- Increase Content Reach
- Boost Engagement
- Increase Video Performance
- Sell Products
2. Creatives: You will need some time to perfect your advertising strategy, and see what works best. Facebook Ads rely heavily on creatives which mean the medium of your ad. You could use various options like plain text, images, videos, carousels, slideshows, or even a combination of all of these things.
3. A & B Testing: One slick tip to optimize your budget is to run multiple ads simultaneously. Make little variable changes in each one of them, like targeting different demographics, using various types of creatives, or using different kinds of goals.
4. The Funnel: Every time a potential customer views your ad, your job is to make them go through the ad and fulfill the goal you have set for the advertisement. You do this by luring them in at every level strategically. It starts from the description text, going through the creative medium, and finally to the call of action. Your job is to make sure that every Content Marketing Sales Funnel level works to take the customer to the next one.
5. Optimize for Multiple Platforms: A Facebook Ad runs on Facebook and Instagram and WhatsApp. Every ad also has a variant for different mediums like mobile, desktop, or tablet. It also has options for various placements of the ad, like messenger or news feed, etc. Take your time to see where your customers react more and optimize your ads accordingly.
6. Take your time! : Facebook ads are simple, but when you take your time in learning your audience, pay close attention to how your ads are received, and how to maximize your reach corresponding to your budget, you can take your business marketing to new heights using the most readily available and easy to use tool out there!
Facebook Ads is the cheapest and easiest to understand marketing tool available. Businesses of all levels need to understand and make the best of this tool to reinforce their online presence and boost their business in the best way possible.
********This blog has been compiled by Divyanshu Gupta********