Having an Email Database of your prospective customer is one of the most valuable aspects of any industry. The email database that you have works like an owned asset and helps to drive sales from those emails. It is also a method to build a brand and increase customer engagement. However, to create a strategy for the collection of the email database and its marketing could be a hefty task for any organization.
If you are working in an E-commerce industry or even if you own an E-commerce company, knowing the importance of audience is a must. When I say “Audience”, it covers everyone from customers, fans, followers, subscribers etc. In order, to create engagement with all these prospective customers, Email marketing is the most cost-effective and less time taking medium one can’t ignore.
The strategies that you use for email marketing is somewhat similar to the way you interact with your customer on social media, like inviting to your webinars, providing product information, resolving their queries etc. But compared to social media it is a bit difficult to engage a customer through email if there is no email marketing strategy.
Following are some of the email campaign & triggers where customer engagement is pretty high:-
- Abandoned Cart Emails: Those customers who logged on to your website, added products on the cart and didn’t complete the transaction should be targeted with abandoned cart emails. Some of the research shows that after sending the email, an average of 15%-20% of customers did complete their transaction. For doing so you first need to inform the customer about the product on the shopping cart and encouraging him/her to complete the purchase by either providing more details of the product or by giving a discounted price which would entice the customer to make the purchase.
- Up–Sell & Cross-Sell Emails: These emails are sent in order to pursue the customer to make an additional purchase or an alternate purchase of the products he/she was looking for. Generally, we can target them with sending product emails which are a complement to his earlier purchases or any substitute products the customer might be interested in. Typically it creates an average of 0.55% conversion which is not bad.
- Promotional-Offer Emails: Everyone loves a discount, and it’s one of the most powerful driving force to encourage the customer to complete a purchase. So sending emails related to offers, promotions, coupon-codes will have an impact on overall sales. An average of 1.04% of customers is converted from such emails.
- Loyalty & Engagement Emails: In order to build up a long term relationship with your customer it’s very important to keep them remembered even after they have completed the sales. By sending emails on their birthdays, special occasions or a simple email proving some brand-related information could add a lot of value in your long term success.
- Sweepstakes or Contest Emails: Sending emails related to any contest or fun games by which the customer might win something will have a great engagement and increase your skyrocket your email signups. However, these customers have a short time span to convert so be ready with some amazing follow-up emails to target them.
The reality of internet traffic and targeted traffic is once they come to your website, they rarely visit it again due to noise and short attention period on the Internet. So by sending emails that create an impact is very much necessary for your success. Not having a proper email marketing strategy is like “leaving money on the table”. So start preparing your email list and set yourself for success