As per a study by Statista, there were an estimated 2.65 billion social media users worldwide and this number is projected to increase to almost 3.1 billion in 2021. Every businessman knows the importance of social media when it comes to brand recognition and these numbers are more than enough to justify that businesses need to invest in marketing on these platforms if they wish to stay afloat in the future. Even common sense tells you that the more people know about your brand, the more are the chances that your product or service would sell. And what’s better than social media to increase your brand recognition?
Following is a list of few strategies that you can implement to boost your brand awareness:
1. Selecting the right platform: When it comes to promoting your brand, there is a common misconception that “more is better”, which isn’t fully true. Even if there are multiple social media platforms that are being used by millions every day, you don’t need to publish your posts on every single platform. Do some research on the type of people who use those platforms and then you will find it easy to zero in on the platform that would give you maximum results. If you have a budget for managing four different platforms, focus on just two so that you will be able to acquire in-depth knowledge about the working of those two platforms. This will help you to develop profitable marketing strategies in the future.
2. Set up an attractive profile: Recognition is an important element while building brand awareness. When your followers glance at your social profile, they should be able to understand your brand and get a rough idea about your products and services. For this to happen, you need to ensure that all of your social media accounts have the same handle (name of the account). The same applies to your profile picture and logo color as well. Keep your bio simple and to the point such that the visitor is able to understand about your business without wasting much time.
3. Share quality content: Content creation is one of the strongest pillars that lay the foundation of a successful brand awareness strategy. Since there are numerous social media platforms out there, you need to figure out what type of content would be suitable for the platform of your choice and post accordingly.
Apart from consistency in posting, you need to ensure that you are not bombarding your followers with multiple posts each day. When these posts are about your brand, make sure that you include tips, tricks, and quotes about your product or service in general. Since people’s attention span is microscopic, create content that delivers value or solves a problem of your reader to create maximum impact. Make use of hashtags freely in your content so as to expand the reach of your brand on social media.
4. Join different groups: There are a lot of groups on Facebook and LinkedIn that revolve around a particular topic. If that topic is important for your business, then you can easily join these groups. Once you are in, interact with the group members and tell them about your brand in a way that would not make you sound like a salesman. Once you have built your presence in that group, people will start following you and your brand presence will grow.
5. Don’t be afraid to experiment: Social media marketing is a field where a particular strategy won’t apply for too long as things keep changing when it comes to these platforms. Your captions are an excellent opportunity to make your brand famous among people. Use some creative captions on your posts by including emojis and humor in them. Doing this will not only make you sound different from others but will also help to connect with the audience on a deeper level. Moonpie is an ideal example of a brand that got popular due to its creative posts.
We are living in a world where people spend more time on Facebook and Instagram rather than reading books and watching television. So making the most out of such social media platforms has become the need of the hour for businesses. Apart from the ones mentioned above, there are plenty of other ways to increase your brand awareness through social media. All you need to do is make sure that you are using the right platform for your marketing needs.