The website of a business is of paramount importance because it forms the base for successful conversions. According to research by Stanford University, 46.1% of people said that a website’s design is the main criteria to decide the credibility of a company. Any individual who would like to know about a particular business will definitely visit the website of that company at least once and will try to explore that particular business and the services it provides. If that particular website is not interactive or fails to have a user-friendly design, then it is bound to irritate the visitor, which might also result in the loss of conversion. Hence it becomes mandatory to make your website as creative as possible to increase the probability of getting more number of conversions for your business.
1. Keep it short and simple: A website with a lot of content along with images and videos does not go easy on the eyes of the visitor and takes a lot of time to digest. But keeping a website simple and easy to read does not imply that you should limit the amount of content on your website. Simplicity can be achieved by getting rid of the unnecessary elements from your website and by making the overall website design less cluttered and more pleasing to the eyes. Apple is a good example of a simple yet effective website.
2. Use negative space effectively: The negative space is all the empty space between the various elements on your website like the space between header and content or space between two images. This also includes the spacing between paragraphs, sentences or letters on your website. Effective usage of the negative space will not only lead to a good-looking website but will also help to make it more readable and easy to understand.
3. Design mobile-friendly website: It is no surprise that people in today’s world make use of their mobile phones rather than desktops or laptops to browse through different websites and make online purchases. Thus it becomes necessary that a website design should be such that the entire layout of your website fits perfectly on the small screen of the mobile and it can be easily viewed from it. This will really help to increase the reach of your website and will in turn help to boost your conversion rate.
4. Make your CTA visible: The CTA button is the major factor that drives conversions on your website. The Call-To-Action (CTA) button should not be hidden somewhere where it is difficult to find at first glance. It needs to big and bright and should be at a location where people would be able to spot it in less than three seconds. Also, try to optimize it by using phrases like “Order Now” instead of “Checkout” or “Buy Now”.
5. Remove the requirement of registration: This is one of the most irritable parts of a website where the company requires the visitor to register before moving forward with purchase or enquiry. It is important to note that people generally do not spend a lot of time to browse through your website and if they get registration pop-ups in the little time that they do offer, they are bound to leave at that immediate instant. Thus you should ensure that you do not force registration on the visitor as it should be ideally kept optional.
Designing of a website is a lengthy process and requires frequent optimization as your business expands, and hence it should be done only after a detailed understanding of various aspects of a website layout, the target audience and your business goal. After all, it is your website that showcases how different you are from others and how your services would help the visitors.