Amazon lunched Enhanced brand content self-service to all 3rd party private sellers to boost the conversation rate by adding rich content, including images and formatted text, to product descriptions. Enhance brand content (A+) catalogue will help seller’s customers and address their most common questions in order to drive more rapid and informed purchase decisions.
Who will be eligible for Enhanced brand content?
Amazon Enhanced Brand Content is available for any third-party seller ( 3P) sellers with their own branded products registered in Amazon’s Brand Registry. If you are not yet registered for Amazon’s Brand registry, it’s time to register here follow the link: https://sellercentral.amazon.in/brand/catalog-brand-application/create
Enhanced Brand Content is free for now, but Amazon may charge for the feature later.
Enhanced Brand Content(A+) Benefits :
High conversation rate: Sellers using A+ catalogue have seen 5-10% increase in conversation rate.
While Search Optimization is likely the last thing on Amazon’s mind, it is something that you can get out of Enhanced Brand Content. EBC allows you to create modules with pictures and value points, which you can use to include your keywords, which will then come up in search.
You are proving your brand’s unique story can help build your brand’s visibility and customer trust. Most seller using this opportunity to add to your brand’s unique value proposition and drive repeat purchases.
Stand different from your competitors:
Adding extra content/design and images definitely stand your brand uniquely and better than your competitors.
How to use Enhanced brand content
These best practices will help you optimize for success.
- Highlight your product unique value points. Online sellers purchased based on emotion rather than practical concerns, so it’s better to highlighting the benefits versus the features.
- Read and analyses the competitors reviews and find out what your prospect buyers cares about and then highlight those points through Enhanced brand content. You can also check customer returns to find similar data as well..
- Use text on image media to highlight product features and benefits to improve conversion
- Most users prefer short content, so aim for a small amount of high quality content that allows users to quickly learn everything they need to know.
- Optimize for mobile. Amazon.com receives over 8 million mobile visitors every day.
Try you’re A+ catalogue for your best selling or highest ranking products first. If your product is more likely to make a return, it’s a better investment.
What to Avoid while creating Amazon Enhanced Content
Amazon offers an in-depth list of what to avoid under the Enhanced Brand Content Help section and you should reference that before submitting your EBC page to avoid rejection.
- Referencing your company as a seller or distributor or provide company contact information
- Using opinions or claims (I.E. Cheapest, Best, etc.)
- Including copyrights, trademarks, or registered symbols including logos, branded content, etc.
- Using third party quotes including references, reviews, and quotes
Mentioning shipping information
- Including low quality images or images that don’t reflect the product (Brand Story images are not required to include the product)
- Adding duplicate images
- Website links
- Excessive use of bolding or capitalization
You must also hold to the category requirements for your product, maintain a high-quality standard of spelling and grammar, and treat your Enhanced Brand Content Detail Page with the same care you would any other product page.
If you have a private label product, then you should be taking advantage of it. With benefits including branding, enhanced content for better engagement, and photos in the product description, it’s well worth the time to integrate into your products.
Agency Support to create Enhanced brand content:
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Enhanced Brand Content Requirement’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Amazon Seller Display Name’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Phone ‘ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Total Number of SKU’ type=’text’/][/contact-form]