In this era almost every person is having a mobile gadget in his hand. Any query arising in his mind is typed in the mobile. Query may be any, looking for any information or wants to buy something. If any user finds suitable search for his query, he visits that page on the mobile itself. Now, if he does not experience the same familiarity as that of a desktop or find different information, he will leave that website immediately.
We can deal with the above problem by mobile optimization. Mobile marketing optimization allows the user to have the same experience when they access at desktop. There are many different areas where user may find it difficult to access data. Let’s discuss each one by one.
1) Mobile Responsive Design – Design of website should be adaptable at different platforms. For content and images to look similar at different platforms, a website must be responsive to different platforms. Layouts can be made responsive manually or automatically. Manually, it can be done by adding some code and automatically using technologies.
2) Content – A user should experience consistency in terms of content, as mobile users are more prone to convert (although a little bit of a different strategy can be devised for mobile users). If a user is searching to buy something or looking for a restaurant at his nearby location, he is likely to visit it. For mobile, messages like visit now or call now to reserve your seat can be displayed additionally as this attracts immediate traffic.
3) Responsive Navigation – There are different kind of websites available like information sharing, e-commerce, lead generating, that have different navigation options like simple or complex navigations.
- Top navigation – You can simply keep at the top, a user can find it easily when he landed on homepage. But it may become difficult if you want to add another section. Also, a user’s focus may get distracted from the main content if he sees navigation at the top.
- Footer Navigation – Navigation options are at footer section, by this method a lot of space can be saved. This option may perplexed a user to jump at bottom every time if a user wants to navigate.
- Left Navigation – Navigation options are at left section, a user need not jump to the footer. He can easily navigate from left section.
- Select Menu – It is a better approach of all above discussed. You can design in a menu style instead of list. It allows a user to figure out navigation option clearly. But child categories and styling options should device friendly and applicable rightly.
If you have website with numerous pages (for example an e-commerce website), then to make it mobile responsive you will need a smart approach. A small website can be handled easily but a website of very big retailer or website with huge information having enormous sections need special optimization to fit on a mobile screen.
There are various approaches like:
- Parent – Child category : When a user approach this method, he got option to choose from parent category and a drop down appears from where he can select, what he is looking for.
- Right to left animation – No need of any dropdown menus, here level of navigation is off-screen to the right.
- Priority – In this approach, most important links are showed at the top and less important can be shown at when user click “more “.
These are just a few points that you may use to optimize your websites and/or landing pages to suit the mobile interface. Giving a mobile interface to your web presence is one of the most crucial aspects of marketing according to today’s demand and you may use the above guidelines to help you with the same. You may look at deeper insights here or contact us to help you to make it smoother and better!(Compiled by Meghna Sahu)