In the age where marketing plays a major role in increasing sales strategies have to be developed accordingly to cater to the needs of your customers. For this, it is very essential to know your market and your customers. Do a thorough research on their needs, understand what they want and supply them accordingly. Whether you are doing on ground marketing or digital marketing, make sure it meets the needs of your customer which will be a driving factor for them to return back to your products.
Conversion of your sales begins when your product is listed in the right category and providing offers to your customers which they just can’t refuse. Here are some focus points you can keep in mind while pitching to your customers:
- Images speak louder than words: Selecting and showcasing the right set of images on the e-commerce platform can make a considerable impact on your sales. Images with high-quality resolution can display the details you want to show and can stimulate the imagination of the buyer and inspire them to purchase the product. Also, keep in mind to post images with different angles so that it allows the customers to view the product from different angles and make a sound decision.
- Details and Descriptions: Make sure to include bullet points in your product description section making it easier for customers to read and comprehend. A proper description of the product helps consumers imagine how can they handle the product. The most important thing is to provide authenticate description and not just mere words luring the consumers to purchase. Make sure to deliver what you promise your customers.
- Placement is the key: There are two sets of buyers online. One who knows what exactly they want and have thorough knowledge about the product they want to purchase. The other kind constitutes the major population of the online buyers. These are the kind that will browse by category. For this, as a seller, you need to be well aware that in which category and sub categories your products fall in. This makes browsing easier for customers of the second category and it will be helpful for them to locate your product.
- Pricing and Shipping: This is one of the major points to keep in mind while selling your product online. It is essential to provide competitive prices and the prices which justifies the product you are offering. Do a proper research on the competition and develop a compelling price point. The other major factor is the shipping which plays a key role in the decisions of the customer whether or not to buy the product. Include more shipping incentives like provide free shipping or shipping discounts for your regular customers.
- Customer Service: This is one point where most of the sellers fail. They feel that after their product has safely reached the product to their customers in good condition, their job is done. In fact, this is the starting point to build good relations with your customers. It is very important to get the customers feedback which provides you key areas to make your product better. If the product is damaged or not meeting according to the customer’s desire, make sure you replace it. Only this way will you able to gain their trust and make them come back to you for more.
- Competitive offers: Know the details of the products that your competitor is selling which are quantity, quality, product size, pricing, shipping etc. After this, improve your products in a way that it offers something more than what your competitors are offering.
- Promotions: Promotional offers can serve as a one big driving factor for any customers. Offers like free shipping, off-season discounts etc. Amazon had come up with a promotional strategy which increased their sales manifold which is free shipping on orders with eligible items with a total price of 35$ or more. It received so much attention that Amazon made it a regular feature on their website.
- Fulfillment: If you really want to learn unique marketing strategies you should research about Amazon Marketing Services. They come up with such fresh and new concepts that you can’t help but marvel. One such concept is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) where you can leverage Amazon’s fulfillment networks to make your orders eligible for prime delivery. You can send your orders to Amazon fulfillment centers where they pack and ship the products and provide customer services accordingly.
- International Listing: Making your product open across the globe by listing it internationally will increase your customer base potentially giving you an instance access to millions of buyers worldwide. Using Amazon Global Services can help you expand your business not only in India but even in abroad in countries like United states, Canada, Mexico, UK, France, Germany and much more.
- Exporting Inventory: By availing the option of FBA Export which is a service extended by FBA to aid the sellers and bridge the gap between the sellers and their potential buyers. When buyers abroad place an order for your product, Amazon picks, packs and ships your products to the concerned buyer. This help in reducing the traditional barriers that a seller can place while exporting their products.
- A Targeted approach to advertising: Amazon provides special importance to sponsored products which help you promote your listed product. You can choose your product you want to promote, add keywords to narrow down the search for the customer and enter a cost-per-click bid. When a buyer searches using the keyword, Amazon displays the product and takes the buyer to your landing page. What’s more is you will only have to pay their fees if a buyer clicks your ads.
Using such tips will help you to set your business online not just in your home country but even internationally. If you really want to know more about online marketing services, it is advisable to read the content that Amazon provides for unique ideas to do targeted marketing.